**NEW** Visit my Gift Shop to see and purchase my favorite things for organizing, self discovery, marriage and parenting!

Birthday Invitations Using Picture Collage Maker for Mac

Our family converted over to Mac recently, and aside from learning the ins and outs of the Mac operating system, I've been on the hunt for fun Mac apps that I can play with. Enter Picture Collage Maker for Mac! This app can do lots of things from making custom calendars and digital scrapbook pages to fun greeting cards. I think I may have found my new app for making our annual family holiday cards. {fist pump} Yesss! Since we're quite a ways away from the holidays, I decided to test out the app by making invitations for my son's upcoming birthday.

Lots of Templates Ready to Go

You all know that I am craft challenged, so having an app that designs for me is a big thumbs up! I tend to be better at taking something good and putting my own spin on it, than starting from scratch. Here is just a sampling of the templates you can choose from in two of the many categories available.

Easy to Customize

Once you've chosen your template, there is little to learn. Minimal menus make it easy to figure out how to customize frames and add masks. On the Mac, it's all about click and drag, and customizing photos and objects is just that simple.

Tons of Fun Objects to Add

If the template you chose doesn't have enough fluff for you, there are a ton of cute and modern objects in several categories that will spice up any project and add character.

A neat gift I just discovered is that there are also template packs available to download in case you get bored of the same old objects. If adding more objects is not your thing, there is plenty to choose from on its own too.

Just for fun, here's a video to show you this app in action:

My Creation to Save, Export and Share

Are you ready to see what I made using the Photo Collage Maker? I am pretty proud of it.
Here's a breakdown of what I did to create this masterpiece:

  • Chose a birth announcement template
  • Changed the background image using the menu to the right
  • Deleted what I didn't want
  • Added my son's photo and resized
  • Popped in some fun balloon objects to liven up the party feel
  • Included a clipboard object to fill in with party details
  • Used a tag and an extra box to highlight his current size and where to find his wish list
  • Found a fun number four to make his upcoming age stand out
  • Found images to match the party theme
  • Added masks to images to make them blend in
I am extremely happy with the way it turned out, and you all have a sneak peek at the birthday theme too! I am really digging how easy this was and will be using this app to do lots of other creative things for sure. My favorite thing about this app is that I don't have to have all the embellishments and different paper stashed somewhere in my house. I'm a digital gal all the way! I may even try my hand at scrapbooking...nah! {wink}

What do you think of this awesome app? Let's hear it in the comments!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...