**NEW** Visit my Gift Shop to see and purchase my favorite things for organizing, self discovery, marriage and parenting!

My Liebster Blog Award

Today I am in bloggy lala land because of the super sweet Barb over at Second Chance to Dream!  She has nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award!!! Thank you Barb! Check out Barb's nomination post and get to know her.

What is a Liebster Blog Award?

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nominated by fellow bloggers. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

My Acceptance Speech

I can't believe this is happening! It's an honor just to be nominated!
{queue orchestra music}
In all bloggy seriousness, it truly is quite an honor to be recognized by other bloggers for doing what I love. As part of my "acceptance speech", I have been asked to share 5 random facts about myself, enjoy my randomness!
  1. I'm sure many of you are curious about how I got my name, so here you go. My name is a unique combination of my parents' names. My mom goes by Fely and my dad goes by Rollie. They basically took my mom's name and put my dad's initial in the middle, FeRly. Wow...I know. I grew up loathing my name, but have grown to embrace it. Another interesting tidbit, I'm not the only Ferly I know {they are rare, and spelled differently, but they're out there}.
  2. I'm notorious for making up silly random songs about whatever is happening around me.  My favorite thing about it is that my son seems to have inherited that talent from me! I love it and think I'm pretty hilarious, my hubster does not seem to be as amused.
  3. I have a special talent for saying the exact same thing at the exact same time as a dear friend of mine.  She now lives out of state, but whenever we get together, it happens at least once.  We're kindred spirits, cool right?  I know!
  4. I had the awesome privilege of touring with my high school show choir and have performed on such stages as the San Antonio River Walk {before Sandra Bullock did it on Miss Congeniality}, and Ala Moana Center in Honolulu, HI to name a few. Music is in my blood. All of my brothers sing and play instruments. When we get together, there's always a chance that a multi-generational jam session can break out. It's pretty awesome!
  5. My hubby and I dated for 6 years before we got engaged. We met the summer before my senior year of high school and I am so blessed to have him in my life. He is one of my favorite gifts from God.

Gifting it Forward

Keeping in stride with my blog, I have to gift this humbling award forward! It's what I do and as we all know, it is more blessed to give than to receive.
Below are my nominations {in no particular order}, and the gifts I receive from their blog:
Heather & Lani at Diapers and Divas
These two ladies not only inspire me with their home and craft projects, but they also crack me up, which I love!

Kacey at Well Rounded Home
I love her goals for her home and family, and enjoy seeing her journey from house to home.

Nell at Housewife Empire
I am so inspired by Nell's drive and how hard she works to achieve her goals to go from bankrupt to mogul.

Erin at How I'm Doing...Really
Blessed to have known her before her life as a blogger, she gets real and raw about her journey to be authentic in the midst of the trials of life.

Christine at Live, Life, Surf
Christine is a fitness phoneme, and surf fan. I live vicariously through her since I don't own a surfboard and miss it dearly!

Nominees, thank you for giving me the gift of your blogs! Each of you are a blessing to me and I always look forward to reading your blogs. Here are your next steps...
  1. Post about your win on your blog and share 5 Random Facts about yourself.
  2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and follow their blog.
  3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog {right-click on the Liebster label from my page, save it to your computer, then upload to your blog}.
  4. Present The Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.
  5. Let them know by email or leave a comment on their blog.
Receiving this award made my day and I love that I get to gift it forward to these fabulous bloggers! It's always a gift to be recognized for the work you do, especially in blogosphere where bloggers often feel alone. If you follow a blog regularly, make it a point today to share just how much their blog means to you.  You may just make a bloggers bloggy day.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...