**NEW** Visit my Gift Shop to see and purchase my favorite things for organizing, self discovery, marriage and parenting!

Birthday Post: 31 Gifts I'm Thankful For

Today, I have decided to forego my usual Techy Tuesday post {since it happens to fall on my birthday} and instead, share with you the gifts in my life that I am thankful for.  I hope that this gives you a taste of what's important to me and inspires you to reflect on the gifts in your own life that you can {and should} be thankful for.
1.  For God's love.  I'm such a small drop in the bucket of His creation, yet He knows me and my needs specifically.  Remember, He knows you and your needs specifically as well, just be still, listen and trust.

2.  For life.  The mere fact that I can live, breathe and experience life and all it has to offer and teach me.

3.  For my husband, Michael.  His love for me and our family overwhelms me.  He is God's greatest gift to me for so many more reasons than I can write about here.

4.  For my son Mateo.  His smile is the only gift that can make me love God and my husband more each day.  My joy, my pride and my tiny tornado.

5.  For having parents that love me more than I can understand.

6.  That I grew up with three older brothers who helped make me the strong woman I am today.  I learned a lot of self defense {both physical and verbal} thanks to them!

7.  To have both sides of our family living so close together.  Getting together is as simple as a phone call and not everyone can say the same.  Gift.

8.  To have such awesome friends!!!  They are my extended family, my chosen family, my home away from home.  You all gift my life in so many different ways and I love you all for that.

9.  For the gift of staying home to be a mom.  This is my childhood dream come true and I wouldn't trade this time for anything.

10.  For the house we call home.  It may not be ours on paper, but it's a space we can call our own for the time being and it's home sweet home to us.

11.  That I live near lush green mountains, they remind me of Hawaii and looking at them eases my stress and points me to our creator, which brings me hope.

12.  For the gift of being overweight because it reminds me to take care of myself.

13.  For the messes around my house; it reminds me that I have excess gifts to be thankful for.

14.  To see a homeless person; it's God's gift reminding me to grab something extra at the grocery store.

15.  That I live in a community that says hello as I walk by; and for the gift of neighbors.

16.  For the blogosphere that I am now a part of.  

17.  That blogging has opened up gifts in my life that I didn't even knew existed!

18.  For my new playground, Pinterest, and how it inspires me and fosters exploration in my life.

19.  That Facebook allows me to connect with people who have made an impact on my life {even if they are a smaller part of my life now}.

20.  For the gift of watching the next generation grow through my godchildren, and knowing that I have a hand in their life.

21.  That the body of Christ can found everywhere and that the gift of encouragement can come even from someone you have never met.

22.  For the gift of humor and laughter!  I wish I was a more humorous writer, but appreciate all you funny bloggers out there!

23.  To be the recipient of hand me down kids clothes.  It's a gift that is worth more than the gift-giver knows.  If you have extra clothes, hand them down to someone who could use them.

24.  To have a support network of moms that I can access.  If you are a mom, especially a new mom, find other like-minded moms who can relate to your struggles and pick you up when you're down in the mommy dumps.  It's the best gift you can give to yourself.

25.  For the things I take for granted-freedom, choice, opportunity, self discovery.

26.  For military families.  I can't even imagine the sacrifices you make to serve this country and you are not thanked enough.  If you see a military uniformed person or vetaran, stop what you're doing, and thank them {and their family} for their service.  You will be giving them a gift that you won't be able to fully grasp.

27.  For the way Hawaiian music takes me back to the islands, and changes the way I approach my day {it's what I'm listening to as I type this post}.  Listen to KCCN FM100 for yourself and see if it changes your day.

28.  That life never ceases to teach me something {gift}.  I love learning new things and expect to continue to learn everyday of my life.

29.  That my husband doesn't always put things back where they "belong", it reminds me to pray for him.

30.  That you took the time to read this all the way through.  You readers humble me and your time and attention is a gift to me.

31.  That I can spend some time alone on my birthday.  After a weekend of family fun and a birthday lunch, to be able to sit here and type this in semi-darkness, almost silence, and solitude is a gift only a mom can truly understand.
I'm blessed in so many more ways than I have listed here today.  How's your day going?  Are you finding that you complain more that you are thankful?  When you feel the complaint bug creeping its way to your mind, squash it with thankfulness.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, 
whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
~ Philippians 4:8
 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...