**NEW** Visit my Gift Shop to see and purchase my favorite things for organizing, self discovery, marriage and parenting!

Ultimate Blog Party: Hi My Name is Ferly

This post is in participation of the Ultimate Blog Party hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom.  These twin bloggers have created a time and space where bloggers can discover new blogs, connect with other like-minded bloggers, and build relationships.

This is a special post for me.  I might even venture to say this post marks a milestone for me as a blogger.  It may be a small step, for some, but it is an important step for me, and I'll explain why.  As if putting myself {and my home} out for the www to see wasn't scary enough, add to that the eye of other bloggers {many of whom are much more experienced than me at this blogging business}.  Scary as it may be, as I mentioned earlier, it is an important step for me as well.  As a blogger in my rookie year, I need all the support I can get and who better to learn from than other bloggers!  So here I am ladies!  I cannot wait to make connections {and friendships} with you talented and experienced {even not so experienced} bloggers.

For those of you who follow the blog and are not bloggers yourselves, please do read on.  This post will allow you to get to know me a little better, learn what drives me, find out what my goals and dreams are for this blog, and hopefully keep you coming back.
Ultimate Blog Party 2012

Born, raised and currently living and mothering in Southern California, I am a happy go lucky gal who loves to laugh, encourage and organize.  My hubby works for a living while I have the awesome opportunity to stay home and raise our son.  Both sides of our family live in neighboring counties, so we get to spend lots of time with family.  Some of our close friends are scattered across California and others out of state {and everyone in differing life stages}.  But when we do get to spend time together, it is always a blast, greatly missed and much needed.  I feel very blessed to be surrounded by the people in my home and family life.  It keeps me on my toes, laughing hysterically, and loving the journey of life.

My passions encompass all things organizing, encouraging, techy and pretty.  Blogging seems to be a natural fit to implement all these passions together. I am enjoying this blogging journey so far and the feedback that I've gotten from readers has been so kind.  It humbles me and drives me to continue to improve.

Gifts We Use 
to grow {stretch ourselves}, love {our family and home}, and serve {others}

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."

It wasn't until recently that I even discovered blog world.  Once the blog bug bit me, I was hooked and started this blog shortly there after.  What started off as a way of keeping myself accountable to my New Years resolution to clean house, quickly became more for me.  It became my way to reach people I might never reach without a blog, to encourage others to dream as a family, and to create an easy way for others to organize their own homes.  It has taken quite a bit of time to learn the basic art of blogging and I'm just getting started.  

Building content and posting consistently are my main goals for this year.  Another is to begin making real connections with other bloggers and make my way into the blogging community.  I have high hopes for this blog and I know that I cannot do it alone.  That is why this post is such an important one for the blogger in me.  I'm venturing out of the comfort zone of my own blog and testing the waters of the blog reef, so to speak.  Blogs and bloggers from all walks of life, in different stages of blogging, swimming through the busy corals of the internet; and me the little lone fishy trying to make my way into a school of fish that will guide, protect and nurture me into bloggy adulthood.  Big step for a little fishy.

My dream would be to take this blog into a full time career.  Right now, I'm cultivating the soil and planting seeds.  I've always told myself that as long as God continues to give me inspiration for the blog, I would continue to blog.  I still stand by that and know that whatever His plans are for this blog, they're probably much greater than my own plans for the blog.  My job is to work hard and trust.  And I hope that my hard work shows and that it keeps readers coming back.
Thank you for sitting through my rambling and investing your time in getting to know me.  That alone makes my heart soar.  If you are new to the blog and would like to follow it regularly, please subscribe via RSS feed or via email. Spend some time looking at my popular posts, see my latest pins, and read about the techy in me.  I hope this blog gives you gifts you can use to grow, love and serve.

Other ways to connect with me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...